Monday, August 19, 2013

August 18 Day 48 Port Huron MI to London ON 128 kilometers 1148 climbing

This little fellow was on the fence across the parking lot from the trailer. He was just hanging out watching us move around getting ready to ride
Since we are in Canada I changed my GPS to Kilometers so it would be easier to keep up with the cue sheets.
The luggage lackies, Roger and Larry hard at work getting the luggage in the trailer for the day.
While we were riding out we kept seeing these signs. We finally came up on some wind turbines. There was no wind so they definitely stopped.
This is the barn for the day. It was quite large and very perfect. The Rogers family were on the ball.
At our lunch stop, Tessa and Sondra set up beside a forest preserve. This beautiful fungus was growing. Really pretty.
This road was so smoothe it eventually turned to gravel. Everyone was getting comfortable handling their bikes on the road. So we all had a pretty good time riding for about 5 miles.
Heading into the town of St.Mary's I found this water tower to be unique. It was a fun day. We rode pace lines down some great roads, played sprint games on gravel and cruised into town. I was I charge of the cue sheets for the day. When I stopped to take the picture of the water tower I got way behind. I missed the turn to the hotel and went out 2 kilometers to far. Dinner was at the Black Angus. And back to the hotel. It's Sunday so the town was pretty quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment